Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Why So Stand-Offish?

You may have noticed from my sidebar that I'm revisiting my obsession with Robert Plant these days. This obsession remains latent for the most part but thanks to the internet it can rear it's golden mane at any time. (Seriously, thanks internet!) It's not like I'm in love with Robert Plant. I just find him incredibly interesting and cool. I love cool people. I've seen Bob (I call him that) look attractive, fruity, and old. It doesn't matter to me. Besides, he's old enough to be my father, which is. . heh heh. . . part of the allure. Troubling father-figure issues aside, here's the new angle of obsession: Alison Krauss, why so stand-offish? They have this new album together which I really like. As I listen to it I study the pictures on the cd case. I just don't get it. What's the deal with her hand-clenching, arm-folding body language?
I've been googling Alison Krauss to find out if she has a really jealous husband or is gay.
Sure he's old, but put your arm around him! He's a golden god! I mean, what gives, Alison? I'm not saying she should be all over him. I get the notion of "restraint" which seems to run through the album and is reflected in the pictures. But still. Does Alison Krauss think Bob is some kind of leach? He is, of course--but he's such a Lord of the Rings fan you have to wonder, how bad could he really be?

I think these pictures of Bob and Alison are adorable. I am so intrigued. I think he might like her more than she likes him! How could that be? It sure makes Alison Krauss seem cool. In fact when Pink tried to buddy up to Bob and suggested doing an album with him he said, "Too late. I've got my girl and I'm giving up nothing for her." He's totally loyal to Alison Krauss. And it's sort of like she could care less. If I had a relationship with Robert Plant that is exactly how I would want it to be.

17 comments:

  1. This is intriguing. Maybe she is just intimidated? You could read her posture as deferential, rather than stand-offish. Although your interpretation is probably more accurate, since you have had way more time to study these photos than I've had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deferential posture would be entirely appropriate given their relationship. I just don't know. I sure like thinking about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Inasmuch as I am a "Bob," as well, and am approximately the same age as Bob Plant (which is what I've called him since I first "met" him back in the '60s) and, inasmuch as I seem to have the same affect on women as he has on Alison, I can only say that her standoffishness will certainly be her loss. Many a woman has lost me by keeping her distance from me. Now, don't get me wrong, I still seek after them (sometimes called "stalking" by the close-minded), but my heart just isn't in it anymore, once they've spurned me. Alison needs to mind her P's & Q's, or she'll be standing by herself and Bob (and I) will be standing close to someone who really cares about us. (My daughter, Jenna, always tells her mother to stand closer to me, to no avail.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me about it, Anonymous Bob--I'm so sick of the close-minded with their "stalking" and their "consent" and their "restraining orders."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know NOTHING about Robert Plant at all, but this post made me giggle, because of the over analysis. I don't ever do that. In fact, just yesterday I did not look at a gallery of pictures from the TV show Chuck to analyze whether or not Sarah reciprocates Chucks feelings. (And they aren't even REAL, which makes the analysis a little sadder, I think.)

    "I'm so sick of the close-minded with their "stalking" and their "consent" and their "restraining orders."" LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Maybe he just isn't her type.

    He kind of gives me the creeps, but I sure like his music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Alison Krauss in concert -- she's fantastic. However, I would not characterize her as being uninhibited in body language and verbal language. She's chatty, but consciously so, I would say. Plus maybe Bob had been hitting on her, and she just didn't like his butt in those jeans and did not want to lead him on. Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe she has a weird hand thing, like Diane Keaton. Maybe if she were wearing gloves she'd touch him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you referred to him as a "golden god". That's how I will think of him from now on... since I wholeheartedly agree.

    My theory- Alison finds him incredibly magnetic and attractive (naturally) but she is not only married, but a very devout christian. Maybe she's afraid if she touches him she won't be able to stop :) It's the "I'd better not go there" idea.

    Who knows? It is fun to think about though. Did you notice that the photos were taken by Bruce Springsteen's wife? just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is opening up a whole new world for me. I must go and do some Allsion/Bob research.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The answer is so clear to me--he must have really bad breath. That and star-struck...Perhaps she was star-struck but now is totally disillusioned bc of the breath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are going all blog crazy again and I really like it. Maybe Allison was still recovering from the Dumbledore gay thing and was wondering if Dumbledore was gay, couldn't Robert Plant be gay too? And then she's homophobic. So that might explain it.

    I think I'm cool that like 400 people have looked at my blog (or I've checked it out myself 400 times) until I see you with your 5000+ hits. You're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. . . .another thing I love about Led Zeppelin is how when John Bonham died they automatically and immediately split up. They didn't consider having a reality TV-show-contest to find a new drummer or anything because they were too heart broken. I love them.Please don't say they are creepy or have bad breath. It hurts me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you think he kept your bra? Maybe she knows about that and is thinking, "I better not get too close in these pictures. Kacy might be watching."

    ReplyDelete
  15. have you settled on a favorite song from the album yet?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So far my favorites are Please Read the Letter, Killing the Blues and Stick With Me Baby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's the thing: if you google photos of Alison Krauss, or even see videos of her performing live, she tends to do hover her arms close to her chest alot. Might be an unconcious thing. In recent interviews, she seems quite comfortable with him.

    I simply adore Alison. "Bob" is FASCINATING to listen to (or read) in interviews because of his passion for music, so he's growing on me....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...